The Challenge and the Need
Today, companies do business electronically, so the majority of the evidence in a case is stored electronically on servers and hard drives. Searching thousands, sometimes millions, of files that exist in electronic format — such as emails, Word documents, and Excel spreadsheets — in order to find the few key documents, is an enormous and complex undertaking. However, finding those key documents as soon as possible could be the difference between a fast resolution or a drawn out process.
Triage has programs to assist you in properly gathering electronic files from your clients. We employ a program that will allow your clients to continue their work while it searches their servers or other devices for relevant documents, based on keywords, date ranges, file types and more. It copies these files in such a way that all metadata is preserved and folder structure is maintained, with very little interruption to their daily business, and no installation is required. It is a very cost effective way to gather electronic files for your clients.
If the data to be collected is more complex, perhaps the data is on backup drives, or in deleted space, we partner with reputable forensic companies to ensure the data you need is collected in the most cost effective manner for your case.
Once your electronic evidence has been gathered, you need a way to efficiently review it for relevance and privilege. Triage edisocvery processing will provide you with load files for any litigation programs you may use, such as Ipro, Summation, Relativity, and others, or you can host the data within our Canadian Reveal environment with Artificial Intelligence powered by NexLP, the leading ediscovery technology. If you need help with setting up your case, training or any other consulting, our experienced team has managed numerous large and complex e-discovery projects.
Even small cases can benefit from online, but if you just need something simple, we can help you with that too.
The Triage Approach
The ways in which Triage can assist in Electronic Discovery are as unique as the case which you are dealing with. Some ways in which we have assisted firms to be more efficient and cost effective:
- Production of a database of native documents, with searching capabilities that allowed review of pertinent information specific to the case.
- Cost reductions of more than 50% when the client reviewed the database of native files that Triage provided, choosing only the relevant items to have converted to images.
- Conversion of electronic files directly to images for less than the cost of printing to paper, thereby also preventing release of “hidden” data.
- Data Acquisition
- Filtering of material including, deduplication, removing other non-responsive files (as per clients instructions)
- Text and metadata extraction
- Image creation
- Images and metadata are imported into a viewing platform for easy review and production
With years of experience, many satisfied customers and expert staff, Triage takes the work out of Electronic Discovery.
- Scanned images
- Searchable text of the document
- Valuable metadata that exist
Our process eliminates the need to print and then scan the documents to images.