Effective Date: December 1, 2020
1. PERSONAL AND ANONYMOUS INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Triage Data collects personal information that we request directly from you and automatically collects data and information from your computer or device (together “Device”) that you use to access the Services.
Personal Information Collected Directly from You
We collect the following personal information from you in the following circumstances:
• to register for the Services, we may collect your name, email address, state/province and country of residence, zip/postal code, among other information we request;
• when you sign up for a Triage Data newsletter, we collect your name and email address;
• we collect all Client Data you choose to provide to us, which may contain personal information, in connection with the Services;
• if we create an account for you in connection with third party services, such as the Reveal® e-Discovery services (“Reveal”), your personal information is collected to the extent needed to create such account;
• we collect payment information you choose to provide to us; and
• if you contact us for customer service, we may for authentication purposes and customer care, collect your email address, first and last name and other information you choose to provide.
We also collect anonymous information from you, which may be provided to us by a third party, including but not limited to:
• metrics and other types of statistical data, which could be derived from your use of the Services, for example how you interact with the Services; and
• how you access the Services, for example, web browser, type of mobile device and unique device identifier).
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your personal and anonymous information internally for purposes that include:
• to provide the Services to you, such as processing and uploading Client Data to Reveal, hosting and displaying information, providing updates, developing, improving or expanding the Services and addressing technical issues;
• to establish and maintain your account on the Services and to protect the security of your account;
• to provide customer support or to resolve customer issues;
• to inform you of changes to the Services, such as outages, suspensions or other material changes, which could occur through email or a push notification sent to your Device; and
• if you signed up for any Triage Data newsletter, to contact you by email for Triage Data news, promotional purposes or market research and that you may opt-out of by clicking an opt-out link located in such an email.
3. INFORMATION DISCLOSURE
We disclose your information outside of Triage Data for the following purposes:
• we disclose your information to law enforcement or other appropriate third parties in connection with criminal investigations, investigation of fraud, infringement of intellectual property rights, other suspected illegal activities or as otherwise may be required by applicable law or, as we deem necessary in our sole discretion, in order to protect the legitimate legal and business interests of Triage Data; and
4. COOKIES AND THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
A cookie is a file that is sent by a service through your browser to your Device, if your browser is enabled to accept cookies, in order to store certain information on your Device and communicate with a service while you are online. Internet browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your Device, block acceptance of cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. You should refer to your browser instructions or “Help” screen to learn more about how to manage and block cookies. Please note that, if you block cookies, some portions of the Services may not function properly.
5. ACCESSING OR CHANGING INFORMATION YOU PROVIDED TO US; RETENTION
You may contact Triage Data to obtain a copy of any personal information we have collected about you, the production of which may be subject to a fee as permitted by applicable law. In addition, you may contact Triage Data to correct or delete such information, except to the extent that retention is necessary for our legitimate business purposes, required by applicable law, in the control of a third party or where correction or deletion is not technically feasible.
7. CONTACT US